How to Get a Sonoma County Accident Report

After a car accident, tensions may run high. Damages to your vehicle and bodily injuries can leave you reeling. On top of this, car accidents are frightening and emotional.

For this reason, police reports are ideal for recording accurate and objective information about the incident. This can make police reports a valuable piece of information when it comes to car accident cases. Keep reading to find out how to get a Sonoma County accident report.

Do I Need a Police Report for My Car Accident Claim?

If you are pursuing a car accident claim, winning will require strong evidence. This is because you need to prove that the other driver was at fault for the accident.

A good source of information for a vehicle accident is a police report. This report is an official document recognized by insurance companies and the legal system as reliable. Thus, the contents of an accident report will be useful when filing a claim. A report may include:

  • The time and location of the accident
  • Photos of the damaged vehicles
  • Weather and road conditions
  • Witness and driver statements

How Do I Get a Sonoma County Accident Report?

There are three ways to obtain a Sonoma County accident report. You can get one from the Sheriff’s department by filling out an online request form. You will hear from them within 10 days, and will likely pay a small fee.

The local Santa Rosa police department is also an option. To get a Sonoma County accident report, the police department requires that you visit their Records Bureau department during business hours. They only charge a two-dollar fee for their official records.

Lastly, the California Highway Patrol (CHP) offers a Collision Request Form that you can either mail or turn in at one of their offices. CHP requires that you prove that you are a part of interest regarding the accident.

Injured in a Car Accident? Our Santa Rosa Car Accident Attorney May Be Able to Help

After an accident, it can be difficult to adjust back to your normal routine. This is because an out-of-commission vehicle and serious injuries may pose new obstacles for everyday life. Fortunately, you may have a viable claim to recover the compensation you need to deal with these difficulties.

If you have recently experienced an accident, contact our Santa Rosa car accident lawyer. For help getting back on track, schedule a free consultation at (707) 414-0119 or send us a message online.